Welcome back to the museum you know and love. We're working hard to keep things clean and safe so you can enjoy our magnificent locomotives, great food and more.
- You need to pre-book a free ticket to get in
- You need to wear a face covering in the museum
- You need to keep a safe distance from other visitors and follow marked routes
- We haven't reopened everything yet—see 'What's open?' for more info
- A few other things—see the FAQs page for more info
Updated Government guidance
On 15 October 2020, the Government introduced additional measures for York, placing it in Tier 2 of the alert level system. We must now ask that you only visit the museum with people from your household or support bubble.
We update our website regularly to reflect the latest Government advice, but we also encourage you to check any local restrictions affecting travel and your area before visiting.
Covid-19 industry standard
In partnership with The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.